Curriculum a big difference

Curriculum a big difference

Education is the basic right of every child. This is the basic concept of planting a fruitful tree but what comes next after this concept? Nothing but the curriculum and environment of schools because curriculum decides the future of student and environment establish a thought that will make his position in society. As far as we talk about the curriculum and environment of primary and secondary school of Sindh so here comes a big difference. Difference between the curriculum and the environment of government and private schools. Why do we have these two standards of educational institutes called school? Why do we have good standard of books in private schools while not in government? Why do we have computer and science labs in private schools but not in government? Why do we have air conditioned classrooms, filtered water and cleaned washrooms in private sector but not in government? And even we have strict orders on no use of stick with student in private sector but we have the opposite case in government schools. Answers to all these questions is not anything else than just highly paid fees by the parents of private school’s students. While the education is free for students in government schools. But in reality they have to pay very high in the form of destruction of their future. So why are they making us fool on the name of free education? As what Albert Einstein says:

“Education is not the learning of facts but the training of the mind to think”.

In Sindh we have approximately 60% of private schools while the other 40% we have of government sector. It means that the fewer portions of children are getting quality education with all facilities while the others are just getting certificates on the name of education.

Let us have look at the classroom of private school

Curriculum a big difference
Curriculum a big difference

And here we have another classroom from government sector.

Even there is a big difference between the sitting arrangements of students!! If we have such a big difference between the environments of these sectors then what about the curriculum? That difference will reach its peak!!  Another aspect of the story is emotions. This difference brings a lot of disgrace to a student of government school. Even he is a victim of lack of confidence and he feels shy and hesitates while asking any question. Just because of less command on the basics especially English language which is caused by curriculum. One of my students named sanober belongs to a poor family and was a student of a government school. After when she completes her primary education her parents wants her to take admission in private school for secondary education. So may she could learn in a better way. But because she don’t had a good command on her basics she did not get good marks in the entry test for the private school and get dishearten.

Education plays a roll of seeds in the development of any society. To plant a fruitful tree we must have to sow quality seed. And to eliminate the difference on the basis of race and wealth we must have to select the one and only curriculum for all the schools. As what Harold Laski said.

“Without the equality I say there cannot be liberty”.

Special Thanks to Bushra Shah