Students if you are looking for the Class 9 Physics Chapter 8 Thermal Properties of Matter Short Questions if yes? then you visit the right place where you can easily find Physics Chapter No. 8 most important short questions without answers but it is your responsibility to find answers from your 9th class Physics book.
Students You know that these Chapter 8 Thermal Properties of Matter Short Questions of Physics are helpful so don’t ignore them to read and find answers from your Physics book of the 9th class where you are comfortable learning.
Physics Chapter 8 Short Questions
|Post Topic||Short Questions|
Class 9 Physics Chapter 8 Short Questions
- The temperature of a body is the degree of hotness or coldness of the body.
- Thermometers are made to measure the temperature of a body or place.
- The lower fixed point is the mark that gives the position of mercury in the thermometer when it is placed in ice.
- The upper fixed point is the mark that shows the position of mercury in the thermometer when it is placed in steam from boiling water at standard pressure.
- Inter-conversion between scales:
- From Celsius To Kelvin Scale: T(K)=273 + C
- From Kelvin to Celsius Scale:
- From Celsius to Fahrenheit Scale:
- Heat is a form of energy and this energy is called heat as long as it is in the process of transfer from one body to another body. When a body is heated, the kinetic energy of its molecules increases, and the average distances between the molecules increase.
- The specific heat of a substance is defined as the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of a unit mass of that substance through one-degree centigrade (1°C) or one kelvin (1K).
- The heat required by the unit mass of a substance at its melting point to change it from a solid state to a liquid state is called the latent heat of fusion.
- The quantity of heat required by the unit mass of a liquid at a certain constant temperature to change its state completely from a liquid into a gas is called the latent heat of vaporization.
- It has been observed that solids expand on heating and their expansion is nearly uniform over a wide range of temperature. Mathematically,
- The thermal coefficient of linear expansion of a substance is defined as the fractional increase in its length per kelvin rise in temperature.
- The volume of a solid changes with the change in temperature and is called volume or cubical expansion. The thermal coefficient of volume expansion is defined as the fractional change in its volume per kelvin change in temperature.
- There are two types of thermal volume expansion for liquids as well as for gases. Apparent volume expansion and real volume expansion.
9th Class Physics Chapter 8 Short Questions PDF Download
Students, here you will not find any PDF File of 9th Class Physics Chapter 8 Short Questions PDF Download Notes because here we already describe to you all the important physics chapter 8 Thermal Properties of Matter short questions in the above section.
The topic of this post is Class 9th Physics Chapter 8 Thermal Properties of Matter Short Questions Notes without any PDF file. We add this post to the 9th Class Physics Notes category where students can easily find the Short Questions type study solutions and much more that students need to be related to the Class 9 Physics Book.