Students if you are looking for the Class 9 Chemistry Chapter 1 Fundamentals of Chemistry Important Short Questions Notes if yes? then you visit the right place where you can easily find chapter 1 most important short questions only without answers but it is your responsibility to find answers from your 9th class Chemistry book.
Students You know that these are Chapter 1 Short Questions of Chemistry are helpful so don’t ignore them to read as well as find out answers from your textbook or Chemistry key book of the 9th class where you are comfortable learning.
Class 9 Chemistry Chapter 1 Notes
|Post Topic||Short Questions|
|Chapter/Full||Full Book / All Chapters|
Class 9 Chemistry Chapter 1 Fundamentals of Chemistry Short Questions Notes
- Chemistry is the study of the composition and properties of matter. It has different branches.
- Substances are classified into elements and compounds.
- Elements consist of only one type of atom.
- Compounds are formed by the chemical combination of atoms of the elements in a fixed ratio.
- Mixtures are formed by mixing up elements or compounds in any ratio. They are classified as homogeneous and heterogeneous mixtures.
- Each atom of an element has a specific atomic number (Z) and a mass number or atomic mass (A).
- The atomic mass of an atom is measured relative to a standard mass of C-12.
- The relative atomic mass of an element is the mass of an element compared with 1/12 mass of an atom of the C-12 isotope.
- Atomic mass unit is 1/12 of the mass of one atom of C-12, lamu = 1.66 l0 g
- The empirical formula is the simplest type of chemical formula, which shows the relative number of atoms of each element in a compound.
- The molecular formula gives the actual number of atoms of each element in a molecule.
- Formula mass is the sum of atomic masses of all the atoms in one formula unit of a substance.
- An atom or group of atoms having a charge on it is called an ion. If it has a positive
- charge it is called a cation and if it has a negative charge it is called an anion.
- There are different types of molecules: monoatomic, polyatomic, homoatomic, and heteroatomic.
- The number of particles in one mole of a substance is called Avogadro’s number. The value of this number is 6.02 10 It is represented as N A
- The amount of a substance having 6.02 10 particles is called a mole. The quantitative definition of the mole is atomic mass, molecular mass, or formula mass expressed in grams.
- Define industrial chemistry and analytical chemistry.
- How can you differentiate between organic and inorganic chemistry?
- Give the scope of biochemistry.
- How does a homogeneous mixture differ from a heterogeneous mixture?
- What is the relative atomic mass? How is it related to gram?
- Define the empirical formula with an example.
- State three reasons why you think air is a mixture and water a compound.
- Explain why are hydrogen and oxygen considered elements whereas water is a compound.
- What is the significance of the symbol of an element?
- State the reasons: soft drink is a mixture and water is a compound.
- Classify the following into elements, compound, or mixture:
- i He and H
- ii CO and Co
- iii Water and milk 2
- iv Gold and brass
- v Iron and steel
- Define atomic mass unit. Why is it needed?
- State the nature and name of the substance formed by combining the following:
- i Zinc + Copper
- ii Water + Sugar
- iii Aluminium + Sulphur
- iv Iron + Chromium + Nickel
- Differentiate between molecular mass and formula mass, which of the following has a molecular formula? H O, NaCl, KI, H SO 2 2 4
- Which one has more atoms: 10 g of Al or 10 g of Fe?
- Which one has more molecules: 9 g of water or 9 g of sugar (C H O )? 12 22 11
- Which one has more formula units: 1 g of NaCl or 1 g of KC1?
- Differentiate between homoatomic and heteroatomic molecules with examples.
- In which one of the following the number of hydrogen atoms is more? 2 moles of HC1 or 1 mole of NH (Hint: 1 mole of a substance contains as much number 3 of moles of atoms as are in 1 molecule of a substance
Chemistry Chapter 1 Short Questions PDF Download
Students, here you will not find any PDF File of 9th Class Chemistry Chapter 1 Short Questions PDF Download Notes because we already described to you all the important Chemistry Chapter 1 Fundamentals of Chemistry short questions in the above section.
The topic of this post is 9th Class Chemistry Chapter 1 Short Questions Notes without any PDF file. We add this post to the 9th Class Chemistry Notes category where students can easily find the Short Questions type study solutions and much more that students need to be related to the Class 9 Chemistry Book.