Students if you are looking for the Class 10 Physics Chapter 16 Important Short Questions Notes if yes? then you visit the right place where you can easily find chapter 16 most important short questions only without answers but it is your responsibility to find answers from your 10th class Physics book.
Students You know that Chapter 7 16 BASIC ELECTRONICS Questions of Physics are helpful so don’t ignore to find answers from your physics of class 10
Class 10 Physics Chapter 16 Notes
Class 10 Physics Chapter 16 Important Short Questions
- Electronics is a branch of applied physics that deals with the control of the motion of electrons in different devices for various useful purposes.
- The process of emission of electrons from the surface of hot metal is called thermionic emission.
- Cathode rays are electrons that are emitted from the hot surface of the cathode and travel toward the anode due to potential differences.
- A beam of electrons emitted from the cathode surface can be deflected by electric and magnetic fields.
- The cathode-ray oscilloscope is an instrument that can be used to display the magnitudes of rapidly changing electric current or potential. It consists of the following three parts: the electron gun, the deflecting plate, and a fluorescent screen.
- Those quantities which change continuously with time are known as analog quantities. The quantities that change in discrete steps are called digital quantities.
- Electronic devices have become an integral part of our daily lives. Television, computers, cell phones, audio and video cassette recorders and players, radio, and hi-fi sound systems have made our lives more comfortable and pleasant.
- The branch of electronics that processes the data provided in analog quantities is called analog electronics.
- The branch of electronics which processes the data provided in the form of digits is known as digital electronics.
- Logic gates are the circuits that implement various logic operations. These are digital circuits that have one or more inputs but only one output.
- There are three basic logic gates: AND gate, OR gate, and NOT gate. While the NAND gate and NOR gate are combinations of these basic gates.
- The AND gate is a logic gate that gives an output of ‘1’ only when all of its inputs are ‘1’. The OR gate is a logic gate that gives an output of ‘0’ only when all of its inputs are ‘0’. The NOT gate is a logic gate that gives an output that is opposite to the state of its input.
- The truth tables are tables that give the values of the inputs and outputs of the basic types of logic gates or a combination of such gates.
- Describe, using one simple diagram in each case, what happens when a narrow beam of electrons is passed through (a) a uniform electric field and (b) a uniform magnetic field. What do these results indicate about the charge on electrons?
- Explain the working of different parts of the oscilloscope.
- Name some uses of the oscilloscope.
- Considering an oscilloscope explain:
- (i) How the filament is heated?
- (ii) Why the filament is heated?
- (iii) Why the anode potential is kept positive with respect to the cathode potential?
- (iv) Why a large potential is applied between the anode and cathode?
- (v) Why the tube is evacuated?
- What is an electron gun? Describe the process of thermionic emission.
- What do you understand by digital and analog quantities?
- Differentiate between analog electronics and digital electronics. Write down the names of five analog and five digital devices that are commonly used in everyday life.
- State and explain for each case whether the information given by the following devices is in analog or digital form.
- a moving-coil voltmeter measuring the e.m.f of a cell.
- a microphone generating an electric current.
- a central heating thermostat controlling the water pump.
- automatic traffic lights controlling the flow of traffic.
- Write down some benefits of using digital electronics over analog electronics.
- What are the three universal Logic Gates? Give their symbols and truth tables.
The topic of this post is Class 10 Physics Chapter 7 16 Important Short Questions without a PDF file. We add this post to the 10th Class Physics Notes category where students can easily find the Chapter 7 Short Questions type study solutions and much more that students need to be related to the Class 10 Physics Book.