Students if you are looking for the Class 10 Physics Chapter 13 Important Short Questions Notes if yes? then you visit the right place where you can easily find chapter 13 most important short questions only without answers but it is your responsibility to find answers from your 10th class Physics book.
Students You know that Chapter (4) 13 ELECTROSTATICS Short Questions of Physics are helpful so don’t ignore to find answers from your physics of class 10
Class 10 Physics Chapter 13 Notes
|Chapter 4 (13)
Class 10 Physics Chapter 4 (13) Important Short Questions
- Electric charges are of two types, positive charge and negative charge. Like charges repel each other and unlike charges attract each other.
- Electrostatic induction is the process of charging a conductor without any contact with the charging body.
- Coulomb’s law states that the force of attraction or repulsion between two charged bodies is directly proportional to the product of the charges and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. Mathematically, it is given by
- The electric field is a region of space surrounding a charged body in which a unit of positive point charge can experience a force.
- The electric potential at any point in the field is defined as the work done in moving a unit of positive charge from infinity to that point. The unit of potential is volt which is equal to one joule of work done in moving one coulomb of positive charge from infinity to that point.
- The capacitor is a device which is used to store electric charge. Capacitance is the ability of a capacitor to store electric charge. Its SI unit is the farad (F). If one coulomb of positive charge given to one of the plates of the capacitor develops a potential difference of one volt, then its capacitance will be one farad.
- The equivalent capacitance Ceq of a parallel combination of ‘n’ capacitors is given by
- The equivalent capacitance Ceq of a series combination of ‘n’ capacitors is given by
- How can you show by simple experiments that there are two types of electric charges?
- Describe the method of charging bodies by electrostatic induction.
- How does electrostatic induction differ from charging by friction?
- What is a gold leaf electroscope? Discuss its working principle with a labeled diagram.
- Suppose you have a glass rod that becomes positively charged when you rub it with wool. Describe how would you charge the electroscope (i) negatively and (ii) positively.
- With the help of an electroscope, you can find the presence of charge on a body.
- Describe how you would determine the nature of the charge on a body by using an electroscope.
- Explain Coulomb’s law of electrostatics and write its mathematical form.
- What is meant by electric field and electric intensity?
- Is electric intensity a vector quantity? What will be its direction?
- How would you define the potential difference between the two points? Define its unit.
- Show that the potential difference can be described as energy transfer per unit charge between the two points.
- What do you mean by the capacitance of a capacitor? Define units of capacitance.
- Derive the formula for the equivalent capacitance for a series combination of a number of capacitors.
- Discuss different types of capacitors.
- What is the difference between variable and fixed-type capacitors?
- Enlist some uses of capacitors.
- Discuss one application of static electricity.
- What are the hazards of static electricity?
The topic of this post is 10th Class Physics Chapter 13 ELECTROSTATICS Short Questions without any PDF file. We add this post to the 10th Class Physics Notes category where students can easily find the Chapter 4 Short Questions type study solutions and much more that students need to be related to the Class 10 Physics Book.