Students if you are looking for the Chemistry Chapter 16 (8) Short Questions Class 10 Notes if yes? then you visit the right place where you can easily find the chapter 16 most important short questions only without answers but it is your responsibility to find answers from your 10th class Chemistry book.
Students You know that these Chapter 8 (16) Chemical Industries Short Questions of Chemistry are helpful so don’t ignore to find answers from your Chemistry of Class 10.
Class 10 Chemistry Chapter 16 Notes
Class 10 Chemistry Chapter 16 Short Questions
- Metallurgy is a technique by which metals are extracted from their ores.
- Concentration is a separating technique in which a mineral is separated from gangue.
- Sodium carbonate is manufactured by Solvay’s process. The raw materials used in this process are sodium chloride, carbon dioxide, and ammonia.
- Ammonical brine is prepared by dissolving ammonia gas in sodium chloride
- solution. When this solution is carbonated; first NH4HCO3 forms, which reacts with NaCI to form NaHCO3.
- NaHCO3 on heating produces Na2CO
- Urea is manufactured from ammonia and carbon dioxide. First Ammonia and
- carbon dioxide react to form ammonium carbamate. On evaporation, it dehydrates to form urea.
- Petroleum is a complex mixture of hydrocarbons. It forms by the decomposition of dead animals and plants buried under the Earth’s crust.
- Crude oil is pumped out and then refined in the refineries. Refining is carried out by fractional distillation on heating crude oil at 400°C.
- The important fractions of petroleum are; petroleum gas, petroleum ether, petrol, kerosene oil, diesel, and fuel oil.
- The residual oil is heated above 400°C to produce lubricants, paraffin wax, asphalt, and petroleum coke.
Important Short Questions
- What role is played by pine oil in the froth flotation process?
- Name the various metallurgical operations.
- How is roasting carried out?
- Explain the process of electrorefining.
- What are the advantages of Solvay’s process?
- What is the principle of Solvay’s process?
- What happens when ammonical brine is carbonated?
- How NaHCO3 is converted to Na2CO3?
- How is ammonia recovered in the Solvay’s process?
- How is ammonia prepared for the synthesis of urea?
- Describe the formation of petroleum.
- What is the refining of petroleum and how is it carried out?
- Give use of kerosene oil?
- Describe the difference between diesel oil and fuel oil.
- Write down the names of four fractions obtained by the fractional distillation of residual oil.
- What is the difference between crude oil and residual oil?
- Which petroleum fraction is used in dry cleaning?
The topic of this post is Class 10 Chemistry Chapter 16 (8) Important Short Questions Notes and we add this post to the 10th Class Chemistry Notes category where students can easily find the Short Questions type study solutions and much more that students need to be related to the Class 10 Chemistry Book.