Students if you are looking for the 9th Class Chemistry Chapter 2 Structure of Atoms Short Questions Notes if yes? then you visit the right place where you can easily find the chapter 2 most important short questions only without answers but it is your responsibility to find answers from your 9th class Chemistry book.
Students You know that these are Chapter 2 Short Questions of Chemistry are helpful so don’t ignore them to read as well as find out answers from your Chemistry key book of the 9th class where you are comfortable learning.
Class 9 Chemistry Chapter 2 Notes
|Post Topic||Short Questions|
9th Class Chemistry Chapter 2 Structure of Atoms Short Questions
- Cathode rays were discovered in the last decade of the nineteen century. The properties of cathode rays were determined and they led to the discovery of electrons.
- Canal rays were discovered in 1886 by Goldstein. The properties of canal rays resulted in the discovery of protons in the atom.
- The neutron in the atom was discovered in 1932 by Chadwick.
- First of all structure of an atom was presented by Rutherford in 1911. He proposed that an atom contains a nucleus at the center and electrons revolve around this nucleus.
- Bohr presented an improved model of an atom in 1913 based upon four postulates. He introduced the concept of a circular orbit, in which electrons revolve. As long as an electron remains in a particular orbit, it does not radiate energy. Release and gain of energy are because of a change of orbit.
- The concept of shells and subshells is explained.
- A shell consists of subshells.
- Isotopes are defined as the atoms of elements that have the same atomic number but different atomic masses.
- Hydrogen, carbon, and uranium have three isotopes each, whereas chlorine has two isotopes.
- What is the nature of charge on cathode rays?
- Give five characteristics of cathode rays.
- The atomic symbol of a phosphorus ion is given as ^P3~
- (a) How many protons, electrons, and neutrons are there in the ion?
- (b) What is the name of the ion?
- (c) Draw the electronic configuration of the ion.
- (d) Name the noble gas which has the same electronic configuration as the phosphorus ion.
- Differentiate between shell and subshell with examples of each.
- An element has an atomic number of 17. How many electrons are present in the K, L, and M shells of the atom?
- Write down the electronic configuration of Al. How many electrons are present in its outermost shell?
- Magnesium has electronic configuration 2, 8, 2,
- (a) How many electrons are in the outermost shell?
- (b) In which subshell of the outermost shell electrons are present?
- (c) Why does magnesium tend to lose electrons?
- What will be the nature of a charge on an atom when it loses an electron or when it gains an electron?
- For what purpose U-235 is used?
- A patient has a goiter. How will it be detected?
- Give three properties of positive rays.
- What are the defects of Rutherford’s atomic model?
- As long as an electron remains in an orbit, it does not emit or absorb energy. When does it emit or absorb energy?
Chemistry Chapter 2 Short Questions PDF Download
Students, here you will not find any PDF File of 9th Class Chemistry Chapter 2 Short Questions PDF Download Notes because we already described to you all the important Chemistry Chapter 2 Structure of Atoms short questions in the above section.
The topic of this post is 9th Class Chemistry Chapter 2 Short Questions Notes without any PDF file. We add this post to the 9th Class Chemistry Notes category where students can easily find the Short Questions type study solutions and much more that students need to be related to the Class 9 Chemistry Book.