The Government of Sindh has approved the “RABIES CONTROL PROGRAM Sindh 2020″. This is the first time in Pakistan that the old method of culling of dogs through poisoning etc. is being discouraged and a modern, scientific and humane method of checking the population of stray dogs is being adopted.
The project shall be implemented through a “Project Implementation Unit (PIU)” established in the Local Government Department with the technical assistance of the “Livestock and Fisheries Department.
A ‘Task Force on Rabies Control Program, Sindh’ has also been set up by the Government of Sindh to oversee and supervise implementation of the program.
We are looking for a dynamic, qualified and experienced professional as Project Director to head the project “Rabies Control Program Sindh 2020”.
Qualification & Experience
- Masters or Equivalent Degree in the field of Social Science / Biological Science / Project Management / MBA.
- Atleast 15 years of Demonstrative Experience in Local Government or Public Sector in related fields.
- Knowledge of Zoonotic Diseases particularly Rabies would be an added advantage.
- Maximum age limit is 65 years.
- Market based remuneration package, reflecting the qualification, skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Those who are already in government service should apply through proper channel.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview for which no TA/DA will be paid.
- Candidates possessing above educational qualification, experience and fulfilling other required conditions may apply for the post to the Secretary Local Government Department, at the below mentioned address latest by 5th May, 2020